Health Care Enrollment Assistance
Services are directed to adults and children who currently have no health care coverage. Enrollment assistance with:
- Berrien Health Plan B. Berrien Health Plan B is a community sponsored program that helps uninsured people get healthcare services. Uninsured residents of Berrien County with low income who can not get Medicaid, Medicare or other programs may be eligible for Plan B. Berrien Health Plan is NOT insurance, but provides basic healthcare services at little or no cost to the member. For enrollment information call (269) 927-5693. For covered services information, click here.
- Berrien Discount Prescription Program (BDPP). The BDPP is a way for residents in Berrien County who lack drug coverage to get medicine for less at participating pharmacies. For additional information and eligibility call (269) 927-5693 or go to www.communityhealthplans.org.
- MIChild/Healthy Kids. Is a health insurance program. It is for uninsured children and pregnant women in Michigan. For enrollment information and application, call (269) 927-5693 (preferred method) or click here.
- MOMS is a health coverage program which provides prenatal and medically necessary ambulatory post partum care to women who would not otherwise qualify for this coverage through the Medicaid program. For enrollment information call (269) 927-5693.No on-line enrollment.
- PlanFirst provides a family planning service benefit for non-pregnant women ages 19-44. For enrollment information call (269) 927-5693 or click here.
Location of Services
Berrien County Health Department – by appointment
- 769 Pipestone — Benton Harbor
- 1205 N. Front — Niles
- 21 N. Elm Street — Three Oaks
Uninsured Adults and Children
Household size/income based eligibility for all programs.
Contact Medical Social Worker for specific eligibility guidelines
Cost of Services
No cost for enrollment assistance. Costs (co-pays) may be assessed for the individual plans.
Medical Social Worker