Petition for Payment Order

If the defendant does not appear at time of trial and a default judgment enters, the defendant has the right to petition the court later for installment payments. The defendant completes the form "Motion for Installment Payments" and files it with the court. If the plaintiff does not object to the motion within 14 days, the court enters the payment order. As long as the defendant makes the payments, no garnishment issues against his personal wages.