Pills / liquid medication / needles & sharps / patches
- Berrien County Household Chemical Collections: Accepts: pills, liquid medications (such as cough syrup), aerosol meds, patches, and needles/sharps.
Pills can be dropped off in their original containers or dumped all together in a bag.
- Baroda/Lake Township Public Safety: (269) 465-3258, 3169 W. Shawnee Rd., Bridgman. Ask at front desk about disposal of other types of residential medical waste.
- Benton Charter Township Police: (269) 926-8221,1725 Territorial Rd # 1, Benton Harbor, MI 49022. Pill drop box is located in lobby.
- Bridgman Police Department: (269) 465-3880, 9765 Maple St., Bridgman.
- Buchanan City Police Department: (269) 695-5120, 720 E. Front St, Buchanan. Pill drop-box in lobby
- Chikaming Township Police Department: (269) 469-3245, 13535 Red Arrow Hwy, Harbert. Pill drop box in lobby.
- Coloma Charter Township Police Department: (269) 468-8291, 4919 Paw Paw Lake Rd., Coloma. Pill drop-box in lobby.
- CVS Pharmacy: 2506 Niles Ave St. Joseph, MI 49085. Pill drop box in corner near pharmacy window.
- Health Care Provider: check with your health care provider for other available collection options.
- Lakeland Community Hospital Pharmacy - Niles: (269) 683-5510, 31 N. St. Joseph St., Niles.
- Lakeland Community Hospital Pharmacy - St. Joseph:(269) 983-8300, 1234 Napier Ave., St. Joseph.
- Lakeland Pharmacy Shoppe: (269) 556-2888, 3900 Hollywood Rd., St. Joseph.
- Martin’s Supermarket Pharmacy: (269) 429-8441, 5637 Cleveland Ave, Stevensville, MI 49127. Pill drop-box right by exit.
- Meijer Pharmacy: (269) 556-2410, 5019 Red Arrow Hwy, Stevensville, MI 49127. Pill drop-box by pharmacy entrance.
- New Buffalo City Police Department: (269) 469-1593, 224 W. Buffalo St., New Buffalo. Pill drop box inside lobby.
- Niles Law Enforcement Complex: (269) 683-1313, 1600 Silverbrook Ave., Niles. Pill drop box inside lobby.
- Three Oaks Police Department: (269) 756-9585, 14 Maple Street, Three Oaks.
- Walgreens: (269) 983-0315, 1260 Hilltop Rd., St. Joseph; and (269) 683-0234, 907 S. 11th St., Niles.
- Watervliet City Police Department: 158 W Pleasant St, Watervliet, MI 49098, Pill drop-box in lobby.
- The Drug Enforcement Agency periodically partners with local law enforcement agencies for pill drop-off collections.
Home medical waste is not regulated under the Michigan Medical Waste Management Act, therefore common sense and caution should guide individuals in the safe disposal of home medical waste. Do not flush medical waste. Needles or sharps, old prescription medicine, etc. can be disposed of properly using the various methods listed.
Needles & Sharps
- Berrien County Household Chemical Collection Events: sharps/needles must be in a puncture proof container. Please label the container with the word "Sharps" or "Needles." This collection program is free to Berrien County residents.
- Health Care Provider: check with your health care provider to find out if they are able to accepted used needles/syringes from their patients.
- Republic Services Sharps Mail-In Disposal Program: 855-737-7871, www.republicsharps.com.
- Stericycle Sharps Container Mail Back Program: 844-839-4897, www.stericycle.com, click the Store tab.